Tuesday 19 August 2014

(Top 50 Countdown!!!) 37. Blue Swede - "Hooked On A Feeling"


Really, I don’t know how many people I’ve accidentally whacked in the face or scalded with hot coffee because of this one. When it does that long ecstatic “I” as it goes into the chorus I can’t help but fling my limbs in wild abandon. When we were recording “Million Seller”, one of the engineers punched a hole in a wall (don’t ask) and the owners weren’t happy. The hole was repaired. The very next day we were listening to this at some volume and, sure enough, I was again overcome by the glory of this super-pop Radio Luxembourg powerplay, arms flailing everywhere: hey presto, a new hole in the same spot. We abandoned the re-recording of our “Working On A Beautiful Thing” song it was supposed to be helping with (health and safety reasons; also, wrong key…) and this time they didn’t repair the hole until we’d finished the album and were safely outta there.


"Think Bubble" is an album (LP only) of 1995 demos for an unreleased Pooh Sticks album.
See 'About Me' for details.





No comments:

Post a Comment