Friday 29 August 2014

(Top 50 Countdown!!!) 27. The Tams - "Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy"



Again with these Tams people? I’m sure we only ever knew two songs by The Tams (didn’t even know B-sides: the record we had was a double-A-side reissue thing… but don’t tell anyone, cos the official line is probably that there was nothing so stinky as, yuk, reissues in the house). Anyway, despite the pretty solid competition later provided by “Everybody’s Free (To Wear Sunscreen)” – which, by the way, seems to be half “Desiderata” and half “O Superman” and so is therefore pretty close to perfect, as talking records go – this still has to be the best advice-to-the-kids record ever made, right? There’s bits of this song going on, especially that “Girl meets boy and boy meets girl” thing, in our “Let The Good Times Roll”. Anyway, the title: me, I used to be all three of these things, but now I’m only one. I’m very good at being that one, though. I could ‘that’ for Wales.

"Think Bubble" is an album (LP only) of 1995 demos for an unreleased Pooh Sticks album.
See 'About Me' for details.







No comments:

Post a Comment