Tuesday 23 September 2014

(Top 50 Countdown!!!) 50. to 11. recap

















The top-fifty countdown (or ‘Top 50 Countdown!!!’, to give it its full name) of the 'most important' singles in Pooh Sticks world only has the Top 10 to go, so let’s recap on the ones 50-11. Me, I’d be taking issue with at least a couple of these but, what with me being in the other room playing with the cats and everything much of the time, I suppose I’m not best-placed. In the end, though, I think we can rely on it, cos when Steve just looked over this list again I’m sure I saw him go all misty (blue) and he quickly left the room claiming to have something in his eye.

50. Keith West - “Excerpt From A Teenage Opera”
49. Carole King - “It's Too Late”
48. Tin Tin – “Toast And Marmalade For Tea”
47. The Cowsills – “The Rain, The Park & Other Things”
46. Spanky & Our Gang – “Sunday Will Never Be The Same”
45. 10cc – “I'm Mandy Fly Me”
44. Don Henley - “The Boys Of Summer”
43. MC5 – “Tonight”
42. Lesley Gore – “Immortality”
41. Seals & Crofts – “Summer Breeze”
40. Christopher Rainbow – “Give Me What I Cry For”
39. Todd Rundgren – “I Saw The Light”
38. Love Affair - “Rainbow Valley”
37. Blue Swede – “Hooked On A Feeling”
36. Bon Jovi – “Wanted Dead Or Alive”
35. Bread - “Guitar Man”
34. Don McLean – “American Pie”
33. The Archies – “Sugar Sugar”
32. Ohio Express – “Yummy Yummy Yummy”
31. The Tams – “Hey Girl, Don't Bother Me”
30. The Fantastics – “Something Old, Something New”
29. The Flying Machine – “Smile A Little Smile For Me”
28. Elton John – “Someone Saved My Life Tonight”
27. The Tams – “Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy”
26. 1910 Fruitgum Company - “123 Red Light”
25. The Runaways – “Cherry Bomb”
24. Brian Protheroe – “Pinball”
23. King Harvest – “Dancing In The Moonlight”
22. Lenny Williams – “Shoo Doo Fu Fu Ooh”
      and
      William DeVaughn – “Be Thankful For What You Got”
21. Tommy James & The Shondells – “Crystal Blue Persuasion”
20. Harry Chapin – “W.O.L.D.”
19. Michael Murphey - “Wildfire”
18. Bruce Springsteen - “She's The One”
17. Reunion – “Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)”
16. Alice Cooper – “Hello, Hooray”
15. Wings – “Jet”
14. The Raspberries - “Overnight Sensation”
13. The Hollies - “Gasoline Alley Bred”
12. Four Seasons – “Who Loves You”
11. Procol Harum – “Pandora's Box”

What’s going to be in the top 10? There’s exciting! Now, I already know – I’ve been given the piece of paper – but even then I still think it’s pretty exciting…

"Think Bubble" is an album (LP only) of 1995 demos for an unreleased Pooh Sticks album.
See 'About Me' for details.







No comments:

Post a Comment