Wednesday 3 September 2014

"On Tape" - Vox Phantom 12-string



“I know they’re after one thing:
My ’67 Vox Phantom 12-string”

Somehow, this ended up on the record with “copy” added which, I dunno, I can’t imagine went down well cos Steve was always pretty proud of his Vox Phantom: he’d had it as the lead-guitar of choice in his pre-Pooh Sticks group, Shame (for a proposed-but-cancelled single on Fierce, they’d recorded a version of "Starfishing", a song we later recorded for our “Optimistic Fool” album…). I think the only record we actually used it on was “Teenage High”, though, cos apparently it was “difficult to hold”. Luckily, Michel had one of these













… which apparently wasn’t “difficult to hold”. 

"Think Bubble" is an album (LP only) of 1995 demos for an unreleased Pooh Sticks album.
See 'About Me' for details.






No comments:

Post a Comment