Wednesday 1 October 2014

(Top 50 Countdown!!!) 4. Pete Wingfield - "Eighteen With A Bullet"































I was always surprised that we didn’t have more songs like this, using pop-speak as metaphors for real-life. I brought it up with Steve once. After a pause I think he’d learned from Keith Reid in the taxi, there was an answer: “The layers of the onion”. Obviously, I left it at that cos, you know, life’s too short, right? But this one was never far from the Pooh Sticks sandbox: there’s plenty of it going on in “That Was The Greatest Song” on “Million Seller”, of course, but all its radio and chart references are pretty much all over our everything, I suppose.


























































"Think Bubble" is an album (LP only) of 1995 demos for an unreleased Pooh Sticks album.
See 'About Me' for details.






No comments:

Post a Comment